Wednesday 2 April 2014

Come back wagon!

Yep I was naughty again this week.  I was presented with a piece of chocolate, a slice of Toblerone to be exact and it was in my mouth and melting deliciously before I even knew what i was doing.  So I ran with it and decided to enjoy it.  I could easily have had more too, but no more was offered.....luckily.

My guess before I even weigh and measure is that I have put on weight this week.  I still crave sweet stuff, chocolate in particular and find I am probably eating more than I should in order to distract myself from the sweet desires.  Perhaps if I move towards some muscle building exercises I might have more control over my weight.  I am still being extremely good with avoiding starching carbohydrates but suspect I am eating too much protein, and maybe too much dairy.  I am in two minds about dairy and trying to decide where I will go with it after Easter.  Do I go more paleo based and less high fat based and see if it is the dairy that is making my body retain weight, or do I carefully map and measure my specific carbohydrate,protein and fat needs verses actual intakes?

For the next few weeks I'll ease up on myself while I ponder these things.  I feel that the diet is close to being right, I just haven't quite nailed it yet.  Maybe it's the appetite caused by breastfeeding and waking several times throughout the night, but at week eight,
still wanting to eat between meals and still craving sweet carbs is a bit of a worry.  I had hoped that I had put in the hard yards and should be benefiting from my abstinence by now. Maybe it's the small amounts of fruit or the small amount of sugar in the soy milk which are keeping the sweet meters active. At any rate I need to take stock and decide where to go from here. Perhaps I need to read a bit more.......

Weigh in for the end of week 8:
weight 73.5 kg
waist 89 cm
ribs 87 cm
hips 105 cm

This is the first time that I have created a chart in word. I could probably make the losses look more impressive if I changed the values on the vertical axis, but I am a bit technologically challenged.  I might have a play another day.

That's better... always nice to learn something new, especially when you can work it our for yourself.

Next week is week 9. The last week of school for term 1 and then we start the term break.  Easter falls right in the middle of the term break and I will be going away for a week when I will be at the mercy of whatever I get fed by the people I am staying with.  That gives me exactly two weeks left of me being in control and then I leave the diet to rest until I get back and we have celebrated Steve's birthday in early May.  It will be really interesting to see where I fall on the graph in one month's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment